Latest Skin News
The agency offers this information:
- Typical symptoms of shingles include burning, radiating pain, itching or tingling, headache, upset stomach and or blisters that most often develop on the waist and face.
- Healthy adults older than 50 should consider getting the shingles vaccine.
- Shingles is not typically contagious, but it can spread during the blister phase, so it's a good idea to keep the rash covered.
- Shingles tends to last 3-5 weeks.
- People tend to get shingles once in a lifetime, but it is possible to get it more than once.
- 1 in 3 people will develop shingles.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.