(HealthDay News) -- More than 2 million people take a blood thinner regularly, the U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality says.
Latest Heart News
The agency suggests:
- Always take a blood thinner as directed by your doctor.
- Never skip a dose or double up on a dose.
- Use a pill box each day to help you remember to take your medication.
- Inspect your medication for anything odd when you pick it up from the pharmacy.
- Tell your doctor about all other medications that you take, in case the meds could interfere with the way your blood thinner works.
- Be aware of all potential side effects, and report any instances to your doctor.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.