Latest Skin News
(HealthDay News) -- Feeling like you're getting a sunburn? Get out of the sun quickly and begin treating your skin, the American Academy of Dermatology advises.
The academy offers these sunburn treatment suggestions:
- Put a cold, damp towel on affected skin for at least 10 minutes a few times every day. Cool baths or showers can also help ease pain.
- After bathing, gently pat yourself dry while leaving a bit of moisture on the skin. Apply a moisturizer to damp skin.
- Use a moisturizer that contains aloe vera or soy.
- Avoid lotions with petroleum, benzocaine or lidocaine.
- Take ibuprofen to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Drink extra water to prevent dehydration.
- Do not touch or pop blisters, which could lead to infection.
- If you feel sick, you may need to see a doctor.
- Limit exposure to the sun.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.