Latest Alzheimer's News
- Sudoku, Crosswords Make Your Brain Years Younger
- Exercise, Healthy Eating Can Reduce Dementia Risk
- 'Robopets' Bring Companionship to Nursing Homes
- Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer, Dementia Risk
- Alzheimer's Spread Like an Infection Through Brain
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
It may be caused any of a number of illnesses that affect memory, thinking, behavior and the ability to perform everyday activities.
The APA suggests how to cope with a recent dementia diagnosis:
- Visit a psychologist or psychiatrist to talk about dementia and to help assess, diagnose, treat and support the person recently diagnosed.
- Develop a treatment plan and implement tools such as alarms, calendars and task routines.
- Involve the diagnosed person, as much as possible, in future plans for their care.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.