(HealthDay News) -- Hand therapy can be performed by an occupational or physical therapist on people who have had an accident or trauma involving one or both hands.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
The American Society for Surgery of the Hand says people with arthritis or a neurologic condition also may find relief from hand therapy.
The society says hand therapy may offer these and other benefits:
- Provides treatment without surgery.
- Eases recent or chronic pain.
- Allows feeling of sensation again after anerve injury.
- Teaches home exercises to help regain movement and strength.
- Instructs how to complete everyday tasks with special tools.
- Helps enable a return to work.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.