(HealthDay News) -- Dermal fillers can help smooth out smile lines and crow's feet, or plump up lips and cheeks that have lost their fullness.
Latest Skin News
Use of these products does not come without risks. The most common side effects include: bruising, redness, swelling, pain, itching, infection, bumps and skin discoloration. More serious complications could include scarring, vision loss and anaphylactic reaction.
The FDA offers these suggestions for people considering the use of these products:
- Alwayswork with a licensed health care provider who uses properly labeled, sealed vials.
- Alwaysread labeling information onFDA-approved injectable wrinkle fillers.
- Become familiar with the type of product to be used and possible side effects.
- Never buy dermal fillers online.
- Neverget any type of filler injected for body contouring.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.