Latest Prevention & Wellness News
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests how to select and store fruit and vegetables:
- Select producethat doesn't look bruised or damaged.
- Keep precut fruit and vegetables cold. Refrigerate it or keep it on ice.
- Separate fruit and vegetables from raw meat, poultry and seafood in your shopping cart, in your grocery bags and in your refrigerator.
- Washhands, knives, cutting boards and countertops before and after preparing fruit and vegetables.
- Washproducebefore eating, cutting or cooking.
- Even fruit and vegetables with a peel should be washed, so you won't contaminate the fruit when you cut into the peel.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.