(HealthDay News) -- The medicine you're taking has to be given in the correct dose for it to work effectively, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration says.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
Here are the FDA's suggestions to help avoid an overdose:
- Always follow the directions on the drug facts label.
- Make sure you are not taking two or more drugs that contain the same active ingredient.
- Never take more than the recommended amount.
- Talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse to find out which medicines mix well, and which are not compatible.
- Use the dosage delivery device that comes with the medicine, such as a dropper or dosing cup.
- Always give your child the recommended amount of medicine based on his or her weight.
- Store all medicines where they're out of reach of young children.
- Check the medicine carefully before using to ensure that the package is not tampered with or tainted.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.