Latest Healthy Kids News
- Baby-Wearing Products Leave Infants at Injury Risk
- Gene Therapy on Bubble Boy Immune Disease Cases
- Pediatricians: 'Emergency' in Child Mental Health
- Kids Newly Diagnosed With ADHD Aren't Getting Care
- Many Parents Worry That Kids Fell Behind in School
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
The AAP policy statement recommends:
- Doctors should encourage women to breast feed, which provides nutrients not found in formula that may play a role in brain development.
- Pediatricians should advocate strengthening government nutrition programs, focusing on maternal, fetal and neonatal nutrition.
- Pediatricians and other child health care providers should recommend foods that supply nutrients that are critical for brain development. This includes speaking with families about which foods are rich in essential nutrients, and not just alternatives to junk foods.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.