Latest Pregnancy News
The American Academy of Pediatrics stresses the importance of making healthy choices and taking extra precautions to prevent infections during pregnancy.
The AAP suggests:
- Wash your hands often, especially when around children.
- Cook meat until it's well done.
- Avoid unpasteurized milk.
- Get tested for Group B streptococcus, which is a dangerous bacterium but may not make you feel sick.
- Talk with your doctor about recommended vaccinations.
- Get tested for sexually transmitted infections.
- Avoid people who have an infection.
- Protect against insects known to carry disease.
- Do not touch or change used cat litter.
- Stay away from wild or pet rodents, lizards and turtles, and their droppings.
- Only take vitamins in doses recommended by your doctor.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.