Latest Infectious Disease News
- Doctors': Antibiotics Can Be for Shorter Periods
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Songbirds & Feeders
- Sabra Classic Hummus Recalled Due to Salmonella
- Ebola Survivor May Have Started Latest Outbreak -- 5 Years Later
- Chicken Coops Pose Threat of 'Viral Spillover'
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
(HealthDay News) -- One in six Americans gets food poisoning each year, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration says. That adds up to 48 million cases annually.
The germs behind food poisoning and the symptoms they cause vary. But symptoms frequently include:
- Abdominal cramps.
- Diarrhea, which may be watery or bloody.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Loss of appetite.
- Possible fever.
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.