(HealthDay News) -- The U.S. National Institute on Aging suggests performing endurance exercises as you age.
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
The agency offers these suggestions before starting an endurance exercise regimen:
- Warm up and cool down before and after exercise.
- Drink plenty of fluids when doing any activity that makes you sweat.
- Dress in layers when exercising outdoors, so you can remove a layer if you get too hot.
- If exercise equipment is involved, make sure it's safe and well maintained.
- Walk during the day or in well-lit areas at night, and be aware of your surroundings.
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.