(HealthDay News) -- More than 50,000 vehicle accidents occur in parking lots and garages each year, leading to about 500 deaths and more than 60,000 injuries, the National Safety Council says.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
It pays to be especially careful during the holidays, when drivers are increasingly distracted by the hustle and bustle of the season.
The council offers these safety suggestions:
- Don't cut across the lot to get to a parking space.
- Drive slowly, and use directional signals.
- Anticipate the actions of other drivers.
- Obey stop signs and no-parking signs.
- When backing out, be mindful of other vehicles and pedestrians.
- Watch for small children, and for parents with baby strollers.
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.