Latest Prevention & Wellness News
The group suggests what to do if a wildfire burns near you:
- Stay inside, if possible.
- Do not rely on a dust mask to keep your lungs safe. Most dust masks allow fine particles to filter through. More advanced masks include a filter, but it may not be 100 percent effective.
- Protect your children, whose lungs are still developing and are more at risk for long-term damage.
- Keep windows up while driving.
- Put home air conditioning on recirculate to keep outside air from coming in.
- Do not exercise outside.
- Be ready to evacuate if given an order.
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Skin Care & Conditions Newsletter