(HealthDay News) -- While taking care of a family member or close friend can be a rewarding experience, it also adds to the stresses of everyday life.
So don't forget to take care of yourself in the process, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration says. The agency advises:
- Talk with your doctor if you have symptoms of depression or anxiety.
- Get regular physical exams.
- Learn how to manage caregiver stress.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Join a support group for caregivers.
Latest Mental Health News
-- Susannah Jones
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Senior Health Newsletter