(HealthDay News) -- Swimming in a germ-ridden pool can make you sick.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
Before you jump in, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests you:
- Check the water for cleanliness.
- Make sure pools and hot tubs are properly treated to get rid of germs.
- Avoiding swimming if you have diarrhea or an open wound that can't be covered.
- Rinse off in a shower for one minute.
- Take kids on frequent bathroom breaks. Change diapers away from the pool.
- Make sure children know it's not OK to go to the bathroom in the water. And don't allow kids to swallow the water.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.