Latest Prevention & Wellness News
(HealthDay News) -- If you're caught outside during a thunderstorm, go inside immediately.
If that's not possible, the National Weather Service suggests:
- Stay away from open fields, hilltops and ridge tops.
- Avoid tall objects, including single trees. In the woods, gather near a group of low trees.
- If you are with several people, stand apart to avoid the possibility of sharing lightning current.
- If you're camping, choose a low area. But remember that a tent offers no protection from lightning.
- Avoid anything that's wet. Also steer clear of metal objects, including fences and poles.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.