(HealthDay News) -- Though you can't live without them, we'll bet you haven't spent much time thinking about how to take care of your lungs.
Latest Lungs News
The American Lung Association has these suggestions:
- Don't start smoking; if you are a smoker, quit.
- Don't allow smoking in your home or car.
- Test your home for radon.
- Avoid the outdoors when air quality is poor.
- Prevent lung infections by washing your hands frequently, getting any recommended vaccines, and avoiding people who are sick.
- Exercise regularly to keep your lungs strong and healthy.
- See your health care provider regularly.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.