(HealthDay News) -- Heading to college after high school graduation represents a big transition, including the need to take care of yourself.
Latest Healthy Kids News
The American Academy of Pediatrics advises:
- Focus on a healthy lifestyle. That means getting at least eight hours of sleep, getting regular exercise and eating nutritious meals.
- If your doctor is a pediatrician, ask when you should transition to a doctor who specifically treats adults.
- Be informed about your health history.
- Know why you take any medication, including how to take it properly and any side effects. Make a plan for getting prescriptions refilled.
- Prepare for health emergencies. Choose a clinic or hospital that's close to school, and ask your parents about your health insurance plan.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.