(HealthDay News) -- If you or your child are sick, you shouldn't be using a public pool and exposing other swimmers to what ails you.
Latest Healthy Kids News
Here are guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Don't swim if you or your child have diarrhea.
- Avoid swallowing pool water.
- Before you swim, take a quick shower to wash away germs.
- If young children are swimming, schedule regular bathroom breaks.
- Check a young child's diaper frequently. When it's time for a change, do it away from the pool.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.