Latest Oral Health News
The American Dental Association explains:
- Up to half of women develop gingivitis, a mild form of gum disease, during pregnancy.
- Most cases of gingivitis resolve after pregnancy.
- Hormones produced during pregnancy may irritate your gums, making them swell and turn red.
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily, and floss at least once daily.
- Ask your dentist what else you can do to keep your mouth healthier during pregnancy.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.