(HealthDay News) -- Clean sheets may smell better than those you've been sleeping on for a while, and they may be better for your health.
Latest MedicineNet News
The National Sleep Foundation explains:
- Dirt, sweat, oil and possibly makeup can accumulate on sheets.
- Dirty sheets can lead to skin breakouts and allergy symptoms.
- Dirty sheets also can lead to fungal skin infections.
- Wash your sheets, or at least the pillowcases, weekly.
- Always wash sheets after you've been sick, and wash frequently if you sweat a lot.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.