(HealthDay News) -- Low-calorie dishes don't have to be bland and boring. You just have to know how to season them with flavor, as opposed to fat.
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests:
- Pan-sear, grill or broil for more intense flavors.
- Drizzle veggies with olive oil, then pop into a 450-degree Fahrenheit oven and roast them.
- Slowly caramelize onions over low heat in a pan with a little oil for a naturally sweet flavor.
- Add a variety of colorful peppers or some hot sauce.
- Add citrus fruit, such as lemon, lime or orange, or a little bit of richly flavored food, such as chipotle peppers, cilantro or pomegranate seeds.
- Use flavorful condiments, such as horseradish, mustard, chutney or salsa.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.