(HealthDay News) -- Eating at the job? Make sure you don't ignore food-safety rules.
Here are suggestions from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics:
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or use a hand sanitizer, before and after you eat.
- Don't allow your lunch or leftovers to be unrefrigerated for more than two hours.
- If you're eating leftovers, reheat to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Store perishable foods in the refrigerator, set to below 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you re-use the same lunch bag, wash it frequently.
- Don't let frozen foods thaw on the countertop. Defrost them in the microwave or refrigerator.
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.