(HealthDay News) -- Are you guilty of skipping breakfast, drinking tons of coffee or buying junk food to eat at work? It's time to end these habits, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics says.
Latest Diet & Weight Management News
Here's what the group recommends:
- Start each day with a balanced, healthy breakfast that includes lean protein, fruit, vegetables and whole grains.
- Watch caffeine intake. That means less than three cups of coffee per day, and go easy on the cream and sugar.
- Bring your lunch every day to work, so you can control what you eat. Prepare these lunches when you have time during the weekend.
- Include more fruit and vegetables in your daily diet. Try a new fruit or veggie each week to add variety.
- Make dinner at home. Prepare meals ahead of time, so you're not tempted to order takeout.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.