(HealthDay News) -- A clean refrigerator can help prevent food-related illness.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions:
- Immediately clean up spilled juices, particularly from raw meat. To defrost, always put uncooked meat on the bottom shelf inside a container with a lid.
- Use warm, soapy water and a sponge to clean shelves, drawers and other surfaces. Avoid spray cleaners. Dry with a clean paper towel or cloth.
- Clean the door handle frequently.
- Place an open box of baking soda inside your fridge to absorb odors. Change it every three months.
- Wipe away dust from the front grill of your refrigerator to keep it working efficiently.
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter