(HealthDay News) -- Keeping a food diary can help you lose weight by tracking everything you eat and then evaluating which foods you can do without.
Latest Diet & Weight Management News
Once you've entered everything you've eaten into your diary, here are questions you should ask yourself, the American Heart Association suggests:
- If you made the healthiest possible food choices.
- If you chose satisfying foods that filled you up at every meal.
- If you ate sufficient amounts of whole grains, vegetables and fruit.
- If you had healthy snacks to combat cravings.
- If you limited sugary and high-calorie foods.
- If you ate for reasons other than hunger, and why.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.