(HealthDay News) -- Between the ages of 1 and 2, toddlers begin strengthening the muscles in their hands and using the hands in new ways.
Latest Healthy Kids News
To help the process, the American Academy of Pediatrics suggests:
- Show your child how to fold paper.
- Let your child play with toys that involve putting square pegs into square holes.
- Help your child stack a tower of five-to-six blocks.
- Help the child disassemble toys, then put them back together.
- Let your child use clay to create different shapes.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.