Latest Healthy Kids News
(HealthDay News) -- Between the ages of 1 and 2, toddlers begin strengthening the muscles in their hands and using the hands in new ways.
To help the process, the American Academy of Pediatrics suggests:
- Show your child how to fold paper.
- Let your child play with toys that involve putting square pegs into square holes.
- Help your child stack a tower of five-to-six blocks.
- Help the child disassemble toys, then put them back together.
- Let your child use clay to create different shapes.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.