(HealthDay News) -- You can get into a rut when it comes to your exercise routine, so it's wise to add variety to your regimen.
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
The American Council on Exercise suggests these possibilities:
- Adjust the number of repetitions in a set or the number of sets for an exercise. You can also vary rest periods between sets or exercise days.
- Change the amount of resistance or weight you use.
- Change up the types of exercise you do, or the order in which you do them.
- Adjust how quickly or slowly you perform exercises.
- When it comes to strength training, gradually increase from low resistance and low number of repetitions to higher resistance and more repetitions.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.