(HealthDay News) -- Obesity among children can lead to numerous health problems now and for many years to come.
Latest Healthy Kids News
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says obese children are at greater risk of developing:
- High blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance and impaired fasting glucose.
- Asthma, sleep apnea and other breathing problems.
- Pain and discomfort of the joints and musculoskeletal system.
- Gallstones, heartburn and fatty liver disease.
- Behavioral problems, depression, poor self-esteem, poor quality of life and poor school performance.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Children's Health & Parenting Newsletter