(HealthDay News) -- Arthritis doesn't have to ruin your vacation.
Latest Arthritis News
Here are relief suggestions from the Arthritis Foundation:
- Book a plane seat with extra room to stretch. Fly in the middle of the week when it's less busy.
- Ask for a hotel room that's on the first floor or near an elevator.
- Pack a cane or an extra pillow to help you stay comfortable.
- Pack a stash of healthier snacks.
- Pack medications in your carry-on baggage. Make sure meds are packed properly, especially if they need refrigeration.
- Pack a heating pad or wrap, an ice pack and topical creams.
- Opt for a hotel with a hot tub or steam room.
- Request assistance at the airport to prevent long walks or long periods standing. Ask another passenger for help storing carry-on luggage.
- Move around the plane's cabin as frequently as possible.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.