Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recommends:
- Eat enough calories, and make sure they are balanced between protein, vegetables, fruits, dairy and grains.
- Don't skimp on protein. Make sure to eat at least 20 to 30 grams of protein per meal and 10 to 15 grams per snack.
- Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated. Opt for low-fat milk, water, tea, 100 percent fruit juice and other unsweetened beverages.
- Meet with a registered dietitian if you have wounds that require special care and dietary needs.
- Controlling diabetes to help promote better wound healing. Your doctor or a registered dietitian can help you keep blood sugar levels controlled.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.