(HealthDay News) -- Tiny button batteries can be found in watches, kids' toys and other household items, but they pose big dangers for small children.
Latest Healthy Kids News
Follow this advice from the National Safety Council:
- Go through items in your home to find any items that contain button batteries.
- Purchase only batteries that come in child-safe packaging.
- Store any extra batteries out of a child's reach.
- Keep devices that contain button batteries out of a child's reach. Take precautions with toys that belong to older children to make sure the younger ones can't reach those.
- Tell friends, family, sitters and others about the dangers of button batteries.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.