(HealthDay News) -- Even if you don't have much time to work out, you should never skip your warm-up.
The American Council on Exercise explains that a good warm-up:
- Boosts your body temperature to help your body burn calories more efficiently.
- Helps your muscles contract more forcefully and quickly while improving elasticity, which reduces injuries.
- Helps deliver oxygen to your muscles more quickly by raising your metabolic rate.
- Improves muscle control and range of motion.
- Helps you enjoy a longer workout by easing the adjustment to exercise and prohibiting lactic acid from accumulating in your blood.
- Improves your focus and helps you mentally handle your workout.
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.