Latest Sleep News
(HealthDay News) -- Stress can keep you awake at night, even if you feel tired.
The National Sleep Foundation suggests:
- Practice yoga, meditation or deep breathing before bed, to help you feel more relaxed.
- Avoid TV or computers before bed, These devices can stimulate your brain and make it more difficult to fall asleep.
- Enjoy a soothing mug of chamomile tea.
- Take a shower or bath.
- Perform leg exercises, such as squats, to promote blood flow to the legs.
- Count sheep or breathe deeply. Or imagine yourself already asleep.
- Earlier in the day, make time to exercise.
- If there's something you're worried about it, think through it during the day.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.