Latest Prevention & Wellness News
If your doctor prescribes an iron supplement, the American Academy of Family Physicians suggests:
- Always take the supplement with something to eat.
- Increase your dose gradually to your doctor's prescribed amount.
- If you become constipated, increase fiber in the foods you eat.
- If the pills upset your stomach, avoid taking them before bed.
- If the supplement has too many side effects, ask your doctor about switching brands.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.