(HealthDay News) -- Keeping a stash of heart-healthy basics means you can whip up a nutritious meal on a moment's notice.
The American Heart Association suggests you include:
- Canned beans, tuna, salmon, marinara and tomatoes.
- Whole grains, including whole-wheat pasta, bulgur, quinoa and brown rice.
- Spelt, whole-wheat flour or cornmeal -- to use in baking.
- Low-sodium soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and low-sodium bouillon cubes.
- Dried herbs, such as rosemary, basil, thyme, curry powder and oregano.
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.