Latest Diabetes News
To care for a foot ulcer, the American Diabetes Association suggests:
- See your healthcare provider about an ulcer, even if it doesn't hurt, to prevent possible infection and serious complications.
- Get rest and stay off your feet if you have an ulcer.
- Use a brace, cast or special shoe if your doctor recommends it.
- Keep blood sugar under control.
- Continue to care for your foot carefully after the ulcer heals, and wear special shoes that offer better protection.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.