(HealthDay News) -- A sandbox is a fun way for your child to get creative outdoors. But it also can harbor germs.
To help keep your child's sandbox safer, the American Academy of Pediatrics suggests:
- Use only natural river or beach sand.
- Cover the sandbox when not in use to keep animals and insects out.
- Let wet sand dry completely before covering.
- Rake sand regularly to get rid of clumps and debris.
- Keep pets out of the sandbox
Latest Healthy Kids News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.