Latest Arthritis News
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons advises:
- Ease strain on your knees, such as by avoiding stairs, opting for low-impact exercise and losing weight.
- Practice physical therapy to promote strength, flexibility and function in your knee.
- Consider cushioned shoes, a knee brace or bandage, or a cane.
- Use heat or cold therapy to help ease pain and stiffness.
- Talk to your doctor about using medication and alternative therapies.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.