Latest Oral Health News
The American Dental Association says risk factors for gum disease include:
- Taking improper care of the teeth and mouth.
- Chewing tobacco or smoking it.
- Being genetically predisposed to gum disease.
- Having teeth that are misaligned and more difficult to clean.
- Being pregnant or diabetic.
- Taking medication such as some types of oral contraceptives, calcium channel blockers, steroids, cancer medications or anti-epilepsy drugs.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.