Latest Exercise & Fitness News
Here are suggestions from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics:
- Fill at least half of your meal plate with fruits and vegetables. Include plenty of leafy greens and berries.
- Choose plant-based proteins, such as nuts, beans and seeds.
- Eat whole grains, such as brown rice, wheat bread and wheat pasta.
- Choose healthier fats, such as those found in avocados and olive oil.
- Eat fish that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as anchovies, salmon and sardines.
- Use fresh spices and herbs to season your food and get added antioxidants.
- Get regular exercise, plenty of sleep each night and maintain a healthy body weight.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.