Latest Prevention & Wellness News
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these preventive suggestions:
- Increase the intensity and duration of your workouts slowly.
- Engage in cross-training exercises, which alternate activities to help avoid overuse injuries.
- Eat a nutritious diet, including plenty of foods rich in calcium and vitamin D.
- Make sure your shoes and other athletic gear are in good shape.
- If you have swelling or pain, take a break from exercise. See a doctor if symptoms continue.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.