(HealthDay News) -- You don't have to run marathons to get fit. Taking regular walks can help keep you healthier without the strain on your body.
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says walking may offer these benefits:
- A stronger heart that is better able to pump blood.
- Lower blood pressure and greater oxygen intake.
- Slower loss of bone mass as you age, and slower onset of arthritis.
- Improved muscle tone.
- Less stress and improved sleep.
- Improved mood and attitude.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.