Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The American Council on Exercise suggests:
- Eat frequent small meals that include complex carbohydrates, such as veggies, fruit, whole grains and beans.
- Avoid refined carbohydrates, such as donuts or cookies.
- Don't drink caffeine within an hour of your workout. Instead, have a small glass of juice to help boost your energy.
- Start your morning with a breakfast rich in whole grains and fruit.
- If you work out in the afternoon or evening, plan a light but nutritious snack an hour before your workout. Also drink plenty of water.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.