(HealthDay News) -- Dry, itchy skin can be caused by a number of factors, from health conditions to age.
The American Academy of Dermatology cites these possible triggers:
- Getting older generally causes skin to become thinner and drier.
- Living in a desert-like climate can dry skin.
- Having a skin condition, such as eczema or psoriasis, can lead to dry skin.
- Having a job in which your hands are frequently in water can lead to dry, cracked hands.
- Swimming frequently in pools with high amounts of chlorine can dry skin.
Latest Skin News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.