Latest Alzheimer's News
- Sudoku, Crosswords Make Your Brain Years Younger
- Exercise, Healthy Eating Can Reduce Dementia Risk
- 'Robopets' Bring Companionship to Nursing Homes
- Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer, Dementia Risk
- Alzheimer's Spread Like an Infection Through Brain
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
The National Sleep Foundation explains:
- People with Alzheimer's often wake during the night, and take more frequent naps. These can be early warning sign of Alzheimer's, even before memory loss.
- A caregiver should strive to encourage physical activity and staying busy during the day, to promote better nighttime sleep.
- Before trying medication to help with sleep, make it a point to avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol; maintain a consistent schedule for sleeping, waking and eating; and get natural sunlight exposure and exercise.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.