(HealthDay News) -- A salad seems like a healthier choice, but there are ways to make it even more healthy.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics advises:
- Adding greens, vegetables and fruit.
- Adding avocado, which is rich in heart-healthy fats, fiber and vitamin E.
- Mixing in nutrient-rich herbs, such as parsley, thyme, sage and rosemary.
- Using an oil-based dressing.
- Using more unusual fruits, such as pomegranate seeds, watermelon, nectarines, grapes, cherries or apricots.
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.