Latest Diabetes News
The American Diabetes Association suggests:
- Learn as much as you can about the disease. Depend on your loved one's care team for advice and guidance.
- Don't make too many big changes at once. Make small changes gradually, and with the help of your loved one.
- Be encouraging and supportive, but take care that you don't nag.
- Create small goals for your loved one. This may mean deciding to take a daily walk together. Offer help, but only if you can follow through.
- Take time to care for yourself. Seek support from other caregivers and find ways to minimize stress.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.