(HealthDay News) -- If you're a runner, taking a break from the regular route is a great way to mix up your routine and enjoy some new scenery.
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
The American Council on Exercise recommends:
- Before you run a trail for the first time, explore the trail walking. Always take a buddy.
- Carry a cell phone, GPS device or a whistle, so you can reach someone else and provide your location in an emergency.
- Pack a few first-aid essentials, such as bandages, tape, antibacterial ointment and a knife. Make sure the weight of items you bring is spread evenly.
- As you run down a hill, bend your knees and don't lean back too far. Run with your head up, and push your arms forward from your shoulders.
- When hills get steep, shorten your stride.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.